How to Get a Garden Plot (and what you get)
— We'd Love to Grow With You!
Full plots for $45 are 20 X 25'. A half plot for $25 is 12 X 20'. A plot for the season, mid-May to mid-October includes:
- Tilling of the soil ready for planting
- Some free vegetables and seeds
- Use of garden tools and wheel barrows
- Access to utility sinks and rest rooms as well as refreshments
- Coaching from experienced gardeners (and availability of Master Gardeners)
- Garden events such as Ice Cream Social, harvest pot luck
- Multiple health benefits in a convenient, urban retreat, a way to connect with nature and a special community, volunteer opportunities, and of course, fresh vegetables!
A list is maintained for everyone who is interested in gardening at Ben Franklin Community Garden. First, returning gardeners are offered the opportunity to have a plot. Plots that remain are offered to individuals on the interest list on a first-come, first-served basis. NOTE: Due to overwhelming response, the waitlist for the 2021 season is now closed. A new interest list for the 2022 season will start at the end of April 2021.
We look forward to gardening with you!
Please note: When you have received your invitation to garden and have completed and signed the forms in your packet (application and waiver, garden rules, Covid-19 procedures, volunteer choices), you can choose to pay online here.
If you are a returning gardener and have not received your packet, contact email@example.com.
Periodically a limited number of 5' by 10' raised bed perennial plots are available for year-round gardening. Interested? Submit inquiry on the Interest Form above.
Ben Franklin Community Garden is a program of
Old Brooklyn Community Development Corporation
4274 Pearl Road, Cleveland, OH 44109
The Garden is located behind Ben Franklin Elementary School, 1905 Spring Road, Cleveland 44109.
Download a brochure.