How to Get a Garden Plot (and what you get)
NEW! 5' by 10' raised bed perennial plots are now available for year-round gardening. Interested? Submit inquiry below.
Full plots for $45 are 20 X 25'. A half plot for $25 is 12 X 20'. A plot for the season, mid-May to mid-October includes:
- Tilling of the soil ready for planting
- Some free vegetables and seeds
- Use of garden tools and wheel barrows
- Access to utility sinks and rest rooms as well as refreshments
- Coaching from experienced gardeners (and availability of Master Gardeners)
- Garden events including Ice Cream Social and harvest pot luck
- Multiple health benefits in a convenient, urban retreat, a way to connect with nature and a special community, volunteer opportunities, and of course, fresh vegetables!
Download a brochure.
A waiting list is maintained for everyone who wishes to garden at Ben Franklin Community Garden.
First, returning gardeners are offered the opportunity to have a plot. Any plots that remain will be offered to individuals on the waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please complete and submit the form below to be added to the waiting list. If you prefer, contact the OBCDC office:
Old Brooklyn Community Development Corporation
2339 Broadview Road, Cleveland, OH 44109